To improve the quality of life in the community
through volunteer service and fund development
JJWL is a diverse group of women with a common goal - to improve the quality of life in the Jackson community through volunteer service and fund development. A strong membership is critical to ensuring JJWL continues its legacy.
Our members are business owners, teachers, accountants, finance specialists, homemakers, doctors, lawyers, and much more. Every member provides a unique perspective that proves valuable to JJWL.
JJWL provides members with a community service skill set which is lasting and priceless.
Are you interested in volunteerism and fundraising? Are you interested in developing lasting friendships and community contacts? Consider joining JJWL.
New Members may join JJWL in September or March of each membership year. The membership year for JJWL begins with the first General Membership Meeting in September and ends with the final General Membership Meeting in May.
Prospective new members are encouraged to attend a General Membership Meeting as a guest prior to joining.
New Member Social
Near the start of each JJWL membership year, we hold a New Member Social. This informational and social networking event is an opportunity for prospective members to learn about JJWL, member benefits and responsibilities, and to meet a few of our active members.
Click here for information about our next scheduled New Member Social.
1. Pay annual membership dues.
2. Attend a minimum of six (6) General Membership Meetings during the JJWL membership year. A member may attend a Board Meeting to replace attendance at a General Membership Meeting.
3. Serve on a JJWL Committee.
4. Perform community volunteer work through Done in a Day projects, Major Projects, or other special projects.
5. Work on mandatory projects.